Monday, April 27, 2015

Are You An "oc-oc"?




I self diagnose myself as someone who has a VERY MILD case of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). 

OCD as per Wikipedia is an axiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear or worry (obsessions), repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing the associated anxiety (compulsions), or a combination of such obsessions or compulsion.

My very own signs and symptoms include:

1. Shaking off my undies 3x before wearing them. This already became a habit with the thinking that whatever dirt was on the underwear will be removed before I wear it.

2. I don't like food or drinks being spilled on my clothes because I don't like to smell like food and I don't like the feel of it on my skin.  Whenever this happens and I can't change clothes, I have to wipe it off with alcohol or spray perfume/cologne on the spill or else I will be so uneasy and irritated.

3. I have this uncontrollable urge to put things in an orderly manner like by height, color, etc. I always fix our bedsheet, sofa sheet, picture frames, slippers left on the front door or whatever I see in the house that was not in order or properly kept. I just can't help myself fixing them.

4. When I have nothing to do and I was just staring at a blank scene, I picture imaginary lines and count the lines repeatedly. (I know this make me look insane!) 

As a result of these behaviors, people call me "oc-oc". I don't mind as long as these behaviors do not actually put me in danger nor affect my life negatively. It's even beneficial  because we no longer have to hire a help to keep things in order in the house. *chuckles*

No comments:

Post a Comment